Chronic Knee Issues
WTF is going on with my knees?
This page is a stub, created on 2020-09-25 (last updated on 2021-04-06). Its contents are notes on the issues and angles I want to address about this topic.
- no cycling; need to be careful with squats, leg press, snowboarding, walking down stairs (!), getting in and out of cars (!); no problem running
- can do static holds of any weight my quads can support at any knee angle; problem is moving weight through certain angles
- probably result of muscling my way up hills while cycling during triathlons in college
- numerous MRIs and ultrasounds reveal nothing; my allegedly "beautiful" ACLs and menisci
- "patellofemoral syndrome"
- things that maybe helped
- had to be ski-patrolled down at Heavenly after going through Milky Way Bowl and going through trees because the shearing force triggered knee pain, and I couldn't even walk down the mountain