My various attitudes about traveling seem somewhat inconsistent; I'm not sure if there's a unifying principle, but here's what I do and don't like!
This page is a stub, created on 2020-05-05. Its contents are notes on the issues and angles I want to address about this topic.
- I like being in different places and visiting them, but I don't like getting there. I like the destination, not the journey.
- Traveling to and from a place is stressful for me, which often wipes out the benefit of vacations on the return trip.
- why I often prefer to drive than fly
- my hatred of TSA and security theatre
- the stress and frenzy of modality changes
- why I don't like to go on vacation alone, despite claiming to be an introvert
- the stress of planning trips and one-way doors
- my routines and comforts
- being bad at packing lightly
- my favorite places
- ski resorts: Tahoe, Colorado
- Hawai'i (especially Poipu, Kauai)
- Tel Aviv
- New York